- The text takes place in Brick Side of the road, London
- It is a operating class region, kind of a ghetto, and probably one of the poorest areas in London. -- It is Dr . Azad, the tattoo lady, Chanu (dad), Nazneen (mum)
- Nazneen is about 35 years old, she's shy and quiet. She actually is being covered up by her husband and it comes to appearance when he will keep interrupting her when she speaks. - She does not think that the girl with allowed to sit at the desk before she gets served the dinner, when ever Dr . Azad visits all of them. - The girl with brought up to become quiet the moment men echoes and that signifies that she won't be able to tell anyone how she gets and what she would like if she actually is not being asked. - She actually is Chanus' personal housekeeper. He expects her to make, clean and wash clothes. - She does not speak The english language, and this lady has no education. Her just social speak to is her sister who will be involved in prostitution, back in Bangladesh. They publish letters to each other. - She lives in a lesser working school area, because they just get financial support by Chanu. Because of her not enough influence your woman appears weak.
- She gets lonely daily and brings up the are in the level, as a existence in a package. She feels separated from the globe and from the other people. Due to her isolation she has a purpose to talk to the tattoo girl, but she actually is to timid, to go speak with her.
More regarding Nazneen
- She cleans the flat, your woman cooks, she' shops at the fair. Your woman does everything that a real stay at home mom does. Nazneen is very proud of her living room because they have got a lot of furniture and carpets of good top quality. - There are too many rugs, showcases, chairs, sofas' and bookcases, in comparison to the size of the bedroom. I think that she is happy because the lady knows that whether or not she was as prosperous as her dad, she wouldn't own as much as she does today. - In addition, she thinks that she owns more than most her aunties and uncle's can consider their homes together. - Nazneen is extremely religious. The moment Dr . Azad comes to supper, she gets uncertain...